Are you an Author, that would like to earn some money from your writing?
Then you have found the right home, to learn how to optimize your books and maximize their income.
If you haven’t realized it yet, your creative works are also products. Once you look at your artistic work as a type of product, you can start to profit from it!
You don’t have to squash your creative side, you just need to refocus some of your energy, into the marketing area of publishing.
This is my personal site and I am a no-nonsense coach.
My aim is to provide you with the tools, tactics, and resources to help you make the most out of your writing.
If that sounds appealing let’s have some fun.
I’m five foot six and a half inches tall (have you noticed how shorter people sometimes include the extra half inch). If you ask me in person I’ll actually just say “five foot six”.
- Systems to help people reach their goals in the shortest time frame.
- Shortcuts to learning.
- Shortening of names as my full name is “Gerrard”.
All joking aside, I look for solutions where others see problems. There is no one happier than me, with the length of my legs on long-haul flights.
From my childhood in the cold North of England (Yorkshire), and the twenty-two years of early adult life as a British Military Engineer, to my current life in New Zealand, I have always had a thirst for learning.
For most of my Army career, I changed jobs and countries every couple of years. Working under the assumption that at the end of two years I wouldn’t remember what I hadn’t known at the start, I began writing handover notes (for my successors) from day one.
This habit of note taking has stuck with me ever since. Whenever I begin a new venture, job, or attempt to learn any new skill, I take copious notes of the journey.
Since leaving the military in 2004, I have worked in many fields including:
- Derivatives trading (stock options, CFD’s, Forex etc).
- Business Coaching.
- Project management (working extensively in the post-Earthquake rebuild of Canterbury New Zealand).
- E-commerce, including (running my own Amazon selling business, and helping others to build theirs).
- Writing and Self-Publishing (an ongoing journey of consolidating information to benefit other freedom seekers).
As someone who is passionate about seeing others succeed, I realized that I could help many people by publishing and distributing my own learnings.
I live by the code of Jim Rohn’s words “Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.” I am an avid speed reader and absorb information at an accelerated rate.
I have achieved an honours degree in environmental science and multiple qualifications in the areas of business management, project management and health and safety.
Although the training and courses required to gain these paper qualifications provided some great skills along the way, I prefer learning skills that provide more than just a piece of paper and a few letters after my name.
My prime goal is to help others succeed and I take great pleasure in condensing information and breaking it down into systems to save others time on their journeys.
I am currently published in two areas:
- My “Beginners Guides” in the field of financial freedom:
- “FBA – Building an Amazon Business – The Beginner’s Guide: Why and How to Build a Profitable Business on Amazon”
- “A Beginner’s Guide Profitable Stock Options Trading: Lessons I learned losing $100,000 to accelerate your trading success”
- “How to Choose a Writing Coach – A Beginner’s Guide: Ensuring your best chance for publishing success”
- “KDP – How to Self Publish Your Book on Amazon – The Beginner’s Guide: The key elements for (Independent (Indie) author success”
- My inspirational series:
- “Gratitude for Happiness: How to exercise your gratitude muscles”
- “527 Quotes for Entrepreneurs: Providing Inspiration, Motivation and Reflection”